Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Apologies to Readers

By: Anthony
Hey Readers, how're all of you doing?
I'm hoping pretty good and I would like to apologize for the lack of content for the past two weeks. Holy shit, we haven't written anything in two weeks? Wow, well ummm sorry. We dropped the ball here and if you did not know the Mariners have been playing baseball for the past two weeks. If any of you are wondering why we haven't posted anything, well we don't really have an excuse. We just didn't. So I promise you, there will be a new post everyday this week. I swear on the athletic frame of Luis Jimenez and sterling defense of Carlos Triunfel (Just kidding). I actually swear on Brendan Ryan's defense and John Jaso's OBP against RHP's. Yeah, I am that serious. (And now scared I will tarnish their reputations).
Hey look! There is Mariners news coming! And its kind of pertinent to the rest of the season. For those of you without a calendar watch, I will now inform you that it is September. Besides an excellent month to begin school, a great time to enjoy Oktoberfest in Seattle and a month with 31 days, September symbolizes the expansion of MLB rosters. I already wrote about that here so if you haven't read that piece, you might want to. Apparently my standards for calling up a player were stricter than the Mariners since the callups were just announced. And here are a list of players who are now Major League Baseball Players.
Luis Antonio Jimenez*
Carlos Triunfel
Casper Wells
Mike Carp
Alex Liddi
Shawn Kelley
Hector Noesi
Erasmo Ramirez^
Carlos Peguero^
*Jimenez was not on the 40-man roster so Joherym Chavez was designated for assignment. That's a tough name to lose but a not so good player that will probably be passed over in waivers and return to the organization.
^Were both called up on September 1, the other 7 were called up Sept. 3rd when Tacoma's season ended.

Jimenez and Triunfel are surprises and I will devote the majority of my time to them, because I really don't care about Hector Noesi anymore. (Revision, I take this back after he threw me a ball during batting practice. Damn, I wish I caught the one Oliver Perez threw me)
Triunfel was a prospect back in the day and is only 22 but has shown almost no change in his approach at the plate and is really here for extreme SS depth in case Ryan gets hurt and Kawasaki rolls an ankle dancing. Quick side note, which injury would be more damaging at this point in the season? Nevermind, its way too easy a decision. You just don't say no to moves like these. (Thank you Jeff Sullivan for your love of awesome gifs.) Jimenez is a large man, who was Tacoma's best hitter this year and he is a journeyman minor leaguer who is 30. He won't be on the team next year so enjoy him while you can.
That's all I have for today and am on my way out the door to watch the suddenly terrible Red Sox, come back tomorrow. We will have stuff I swear.
Apologies once again for the break. Go Mariners.

No comments:

Post a Comment