Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Three Amigos Pjesa 8


By Anthony

I actually don’t know which installment of the amigos this is. I’ll be honest, I have lost track. And the language is from one of my favorite Denzel Washington, Spike Lee movies, “Inside Man.” So clearly its Albanian. Idiots. Anyway, this turn in the Amigos was pretty solid. Sure Hector Noesi didn’t win, but it wasn’t really his fault. Thanks bullpen and Brandon League. Kevin Millwood made me eat my own words again. I appreciate it though Kevin, I haven’t eaten yet today and I was hungry and am low on dining points. Blake Bea….. (Insert anything you want realating to Blake Beavan’s averageness). To the grades!

Hector Noesi

Let us see, Hector has quietly settled down in his last few starts, finally becoming the pitcher we thought we were getting along with the divine savior of opposite field power. I don’t want to claim ALL the credit for this turnaround, but ever since I told him what he needs to do better, he has. So hats off to the guy who told Noesi to read this blog, which in all honesty might have been me and my awesome tweeting. So I guess I do deserve all the credit. Winning! Hector’s line was 6.1 innings, 1 run, 5 K’s, 3 walks. But for the stuff that actually matters he had a 67% strike rate on his changeup, and 4 whiffs on 19 breaking balls. He shut down the Indians who can actually hit the ball thanks to Bill Bavasi. So well done Hector, since you can’t hear this round of applause I am giving you, I guess I will just accept it for you. Something also to take note of, he threw almost as many changeups as four seam fastballs. That is an interesting fact because he usually throws as many two seamers as changeups. Now that could easily be because of the pitch F/X data is misinterpreting his two seamer as a four or vice versa, but he definitely is trying to use his four seamer more. Go Hector, you get an A. Except if this was a partner project, you would drop down to a C since the bullpen hates you. I wonder what you did to piss them off. 

Blake Beavan

Yawn Yawn Yawn. I honestly didn’t expect to write that there. He was playing a Rockies team that isn’t quite great, but they have some guys who can hit the ball a long way in the thin air, and Blake relies on the heavy air of Safeco to help him out. But he only lasted 5 innings, looked hilarious trying to hit, and got the win. And won me two bets. So well done Blake. Alos, his line was 5 innings, 2 runs, 1 walk and 7 strikeouts. Yes, SEVEN strikeouts. The most Ham Sandwich has had before this was 4 in a game. And he only last 5 innings in this contest. Now I don’t want to call him the next Max Scherzer, who had 15 K’s in 26 batters, but this is weird. Ham Sandwich is actually missing bats, something he is not good at. Something to keep your eye on for sure. Or it could be a complete aberration and the Rockies are really that bad. Anyway, to a brief tangent. Does anyone ever wonder what it is like to wake up at 430 in the morning, imbibe themselves with energy drinks and then walk around San Francisco all day until you realize that you got 3 hours of sleep last night and are 4 miles away from the train station to take you home? Well that was a tradition called Bay to Breakers, it was 50% fun. Try to guess where the unfun part was? Well Patrick and I made it to mile 5 on the 12 K and didn’t sustain any major injuries like some people we saw. Yeah, I don’t know where I was going with this but yeah, good times. Blake gets an A since he is the new Max Scherzer

Kevin Millwood

I hate you Kevin Millwood. You did well. You two hit the Rockies in a complete game shutout. I don’t want to write anymore about you. You get an incomplete. Editor's Note: Are you kidding me? What an incredible start! A++

Tip of My Cap

Ichiro: He was getting hated on by many fans for not driving in a lot of runs in the 3 hole. I will point out that the entire team wasn’t doing that either so its not fair to blame him on that alone. But he went up against his countryman Yu Darvish and destroyed him. Ichiro is owning Yu, not like you the reader although he would probably bat 1.000 against you too. So Ichiro drove in some runs and silenced the haters for now. Go! Ichiro Go! Alos, you are the subject of one of my favorite nicknames ever, Indo-ichiro. After a friend of mine asked if he was in or out after a bang-bang play at first in intramural softball. 

Wag of My Finger

Kevin Millwood: Is there any explanation needed. I am super biased and opinoinated against you. I hope you slowly slink away in the shadows of Safeco and then in August Patrick will ask me what happened to you and I won’t be able to answer. Ye Be Warned Millwood, no more complete game shutouts!

The Word

Dice-K-esque: I tweeted about this the other day but, lets see, a Japanese pitcher comes over and a good team pays a bunch of money for them. They are revered for having a bunch of pitches and cause many media circuses. Then they start pitching and reveal that they throw a lot of pitches, nevertheless, tey win a lot of games and pitch quite well because the offensebehind them is really good. Now look at Yu Darvish and Daisuke Matsuzaka. Tell me there is no resemblance. I am not saying that Yu will get hurt and start sucking, but there is definitely a similarity between the two’s pitching style that is really infuriating. I don’t like games to last 3.5 hours! That’s why I am a Mariners fan! Just kidding, I am in it for the awesome hot dogs from Al’s Gourmet Sausage.

Go M's, Go Amigos, Go away Kevin Millwood and #freeJaso

No comments:

Post a Comment